View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 am

Forum rules

No references to illegal activities, no illegal activities of any kind, no excessive badmouthing towards other users, no badmouthing of other companies.

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Attention ALL members, PLEASE READ 
Site Admin

It has recently come to my attention that some of you (I'm not sure how many of you are members of this board or just guests here) have been posting the link to my site on other websites. While I appreciate the effort to spread the word I'd like to say this:
Stop spamming the link to these sites, especially other entrainment sites!

-Today I received several emails from various sites, all were entrainment-based websites, about the influx of spam they are getting. Mainly just telling me that there were members who were registering for the sole purpose of linking to my site. Don't think I don't know who you are, in my cPanel I can see every site that links here, and if i see "forum" i can just click the link and read the thread with the link.

It has also come to my attention that not only are you spamming my link, but you are also BASHING OTHER COMPANIES in these posts. This is a blatant violation of this message board's rules and if found you will be IP banned from the entire site, not just the message board.

Thank you,
Admin

Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Official Tone Tester

I never found the need to spam, if you can't get you're message to them the first time, then they obviously aren't worth the time.

But for future reference, I won't spam any forums I go on about this.

I put a girl-picture in front of me.. and thats i can meditate deeply...

--puszt--

puszt in english meditate and masturbate are different words

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:20 pm
Site Admin

Ya, OK. I don't recognize any of the usernames as members of these forums, which is weird. If I find out that they're members here they'll be perma-banned. I know all the "regulars" already know that I don't want them spamming other sites with the link here, because, like you said, it doesn't do much other than piss people off (including me). And thanks for not spamming any sites you go to :) .

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 pm
Official Tone Tester

Well, i'm sure it can be posted if there is an actual "spam" forum, which most of the forums I visit have. :P

--puszt--

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 pm
Site Admin

Haha, nice. Technically it's not spam if it's relevant information and not just blatant advertising that has nothing to do with anything. Most of the times links like this would be in a "miscellaneous" or "cool websites" subforum. Thanks for the cooperation.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 pm
Official Tone Tester

Well, I understand the strain you get. I had a friend spam a forum about our forum, and it ended up getting our forum deleted, and that isn't the fate I want for this forum.

p.s. I sent you a message already through gt

--puszt--

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:48 pm
Site Admin

Hmm, i don't see how someone else spamming another forum could get this one deleted, but I know what you're saying. I hate when people pull shit like that.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 pm
Official Tone Tester

admin wrote:
Hmm, i don't see how someone else spamming another forum could get this one deleted, but I know what you're saying.

Well, we got a message saying that our forum was deleted because of "constant disrespectful advertising/spamming" but me and my friend made another one and it is up now. Not very successful.

--puszt--

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 pm
Site Admin

That sucks, I hate when people pull shit like that (which is the case right now). I'll see to it that there is no way for them to visit the site if they are caught doing any of this. As stated since the site's humble beginnings last year, this is just a website for my personal tones, it's not meant to be a huge popular site, i just want to share them with others who share my love for entrainment. I dont want a bunch of visitors, it just means more work for me due to the increased demand for tones, higher bandwidth, more posts in the message boards to check.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:58 pm
Iso-Tones Regular

That sucks, does it count if someone tells someone about the site in a message instead?
I have told people about the site.. but not in a spam way nor bash the other companies.
I hope it gets straightened out soon.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next